Friday, December 4, 2015

What's in the works - Dec 2015

My yarn projects are not getting done as fast as I would like them to, so thought I'd do a little Sneak Peek so you can see what I've got on the hook, needles, pin loom, and on the spindle.



One I'm really excited about is a shoulder strap bag worked up in pieces on a Zoom pin loom. It will have a felted handle and flap.









I tried it on and I look like Genghis Khan's Mother

Another is what I'm calling a Funky Vest (although I feel it has gone beyond funky to monster !!) It's the first crochet that I've done with my beginning handspun yarn.

This will be super warm for when I'm working on my fiber crafts or under my coat when I walk the dog ! 







Purple socks for Rose - using some sock yarn that is Bamboo, silk and cotton (no wool for Rose !!)

The pattern is my Fusion Sock pattern. A fusion of crochet and knitting !! Pretty cool !!







Mosaic Knit Cowl - (almost done !)
Where has all this knitting come from ?? Blame it on Chris Thomson who teaches knitting at R. Rabbit Fiber Studio. Chris has been hosting  fun knitting classes !!!

The pink is some of my handspun yarn. 2nd project using my handspun !! this yarn turned out much better !



A Big Spinning project for my Double Dutch Shetland Cardi ! I have all the black yarn spun up and hopefully have enough to start the cardigan.  I need to get the last batch of plyed yarn off the bobbin !    I wanted to get the sweater done to wear this winter, we'll see how it goes.

This is spun on my Babe Wheel








And some fun bits of yarn that I'm spinning on a drop spindle. Some gray wool mixed with sari silk. Pretty cool !! and the other is Mauch Chunky roving Licorice Whip. It's a great dark black color with bright colors mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment