Thursday, December 17, 2015

Cutie Pommanders

I've been wanting to make orange pomanders for AGES !!

They are cute !!

We have a small Holiday Tree so I got the idea of using those little mandarin oranges you see in mesh
bags at the grocery store. Plus I figured it would be faster than trying to make pomander oranges !

The Cuties seem to be pretty juicy, so don't know if they will dry out properly like oranges will.

I'll try to remember to post a follow up on the drying business.




Easy
It doesn't take much for ingredients - oranges (or mandarins), whole cloves and some kind of ribbon or yarn to tie them up.  I used  cotton yarn.

You can use rubber bands around the Cuties to keep your lines of cloves straight. (I didn't do that)









In with the table decorations

 Then you just push the cloves into the mandarins in clever designs. Pinterest has loads of pictures for ideas of how to arrange the cloves. There are even these pyramid shaped forms you can buy to make a tower centerpiece out of them. That's impressive, but I'm not sure I want to make that many of them !!







I got a very sore thumb pushing in cloves. I found out later that you can use a toothpick to make a hole and then push the clove in. Save your thumbs !!



They smell heavenly !!




So Google or Pinterest around to find all kinds of ideas of what to do with this simple craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment