Thursday, December 10, 2015

Resist Felted bowls

I now have resist felting in my bag of tricks !!

My friend Rebecca (and owner of R. Rabbit's Fiber Studio) and I took a drive today down to Letts, IA to hobnob and fiber play with Abi Hutchinson of High Prairie Fibers.

While we were there, Abi graciously led us through the steps of resist felting. It's always fun to spend time in the old farm house with Abi and work with fiber.


This is the left overs



First she dumped a bag of mixed roving on the floor and we sorted out what we wanted to felt with. 













We've just taken the resists out
Working on cookie sheets we felted on the table

































We cut up plastic feed bags for our resists (this is me !!)


















I'm supposed to be looking like I'm working !
This one I started around a nerf ball. I've pulled the ball out and am using a jar to work on the shape of the felted bowl





















Here is what we came up with !!

Mine looks like a Bluebird's nest


 

These turned out pretty nice ! (mine is the blue inside and pink outside)
Abi worked on this beaded felted rope thing !
All in a days work

1 comment:

  1. Great post Katy. We did have a great time. My bowl is the green one with colorful "flames" going up the sides. If I can do it anyone can.

    ReplyDelete