Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Cheviot Hand-Dyed Sock Yarn

I recently finished a knitted pair of socks and wanted to give a shout out about the yarn I used !!!

Some friends of mine, Ellen and Wanda of Fiber Curio and Sundries located in Cedar Falls, IA hand dye this line great sock yarn and I want to give it a big Thumbs Up !!



Hand-Dyed Cheviot Sock Yarn

I purchased my yarn out of their Etsy shop, although they also have their yarn for sale in various shops and are vendors at Fiber Events.

I have wanted to try some of this sock yarn since forever. I finally got it together to buy some for a sock knitting class I recently took from Christine Thomson at R. Rabbit Fiber Studio

Here is a bit of the blurb about the yarn from them:
"Hand-dyed, cushy sock yarn to baby your feet. This is our "baby blend" sock yarn spun in small batches from US small farm fiber. Lamb Cheviot wool, kid mohair, silk 80/10/10. Cheviot wool is very felt resistant, making for a naturally machine washable product. Blended with mohair and/or silk, it is durable, all natural and breathable, cushy, strong, and specifically designed for standing up to use in socks."
My first pair of 100% knit socks. Toe up, Turkish cast on, Sweet Tomato Heel by Cat Bordhi. Fun !

The yarn was easy to knit up and wears beautifully. Very cushy and comfy and not scratchy at all ! 

I have enough yarn leftover for another pair of socks, so will put that in my sock yarn stash.

I see they have a beautiful Teal color in their Etsy shop !!  Hmmm... 

My feet are really not two different sizes !!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing about your Cheviot socks! I’m thinking of spinning some Cheviot for the first time, so it was good to read about your experience.

    ReplyDelete