Sunday, April 29, 2012

Freeform Scarf

This is the 2012 Freeform (FF) CAL (crochet along) that I did with a Ravelry group for International/National Crochet Month  (IntNatCroMo) !

I did the FF CAL last year and made a purse out of my scrumbles. I really enjoy the process of FF and thought that I'd be doing much more of it over the course of 2011. However, I did not get back to it till March 2012 when a whole new IntNatCroMo party hit the scene !

So there I was, starting out on another FF adventure. We get a new set of instructions every day of the month. You have a fair bit of license to do what you want with the instructions. Some bug whispered in my ear to do a linear FF project this year, so no curves.  That sounded neat on Day 1, but by Day 15 I was totally tired of having to reinvent the wheel for every set of instructions. Seems like most FF naturally lends itself to curving. And some of the instructions were about curving, spirals, flowers. So I had to double figure out most of the instructions to fit my linear goal. I completely bogged down and decided I wasn't going to finish this year's FF at all (trash bin time !!)

Thankfully another of my Ravelry groups had a "Finish Your WIP"(work in progress) contest in for April and I decided I was going to get my scarf done !!  I got revitalized, and with much kind encouragement from the IntNatCroMo, I got through it. You can follow my total progress on my Ravelry.com project page. I'm DZKat over there. 

Here are a some pics of the finished project and a couple glamour shots thrown in !

Since this was a scarf, I was challenged on how to photograph it. Finally took pictures of it in pieces.
The Ends


Near Ends
The Middle

The Artist as a Model

Over the Shoulder

1 comment: