Thursday, December 3, 2015

Stitch Together - An Urban Needle and Fiber Arts Studio

This morning, my friend Viktorja and I stopped by the Stitch Together - An Urban Needle and Fiber Arts Studio  in Marion, IA.

It's a cute little yarn shop on 10th St right off the City Square Park.

The shop is a mother-daughter business run by Reba Winter and Kayanna Nelson.

Reba was in the shop today and was very friendly and helpful.

I had never been there so everything was new to me.  The shop has a good selection of yarns, roving for spinning, other craft projects like embroidery and coloring books. Lots of knitting notions, buttons, etc. They offer  knitting, crochet, embroidery and cross-stitch classes and will be adding spinning, weaving and dyeing classes too.

This shop is a terrific addition to the Cedar Rapids/Marion/Hiawatha area.
Love that this will be mostly white with pops of tie-dye color !!

I bought some fun yarn by Lemondade Shop called Rainbows and Clouds sparkle sock yarn !! Can't wait to work with it !

Here is a link to a Gazette Article with photos !


2 comments:

  1. What a great shop!!!
    I LOVED all of the colorways they had. I'm looking forward to being able to knit again so I can make a shawl with the two skeins I got.

    ReplyDelete