Saturday, August 18, 2012

Felted Bowls

Easy Felting !!

Basket of color

I’ve done a little bit of felting and am beginning to get the hang of it. I think a great way to get your feet wet is to crochet these Simple Felted Bowls, designed by Lauren Housley

I finished up these bowls several weeks ago and finally got around to taking some decent pictures.

Brighten up your day !
The yarn is Brown Sheep Yarn's, Nature Spun worsted weight. They have a nice color selection. It also felts up very well.

These bowls are super fast and easy to crochet. Took me a little over an hour to crochet one. Then I tossed it into the washing machine along with a little soap and the felting turned out great !

 I had to run the agitator for about 40 mins to get the level of felting I wanted. For me, that means running the heavy duty wash cycle 3 times in a row and then letting washer finish up through the rinse/spin cycle.



 The pictures below of the single pink bowl show what it looked like  not-felted and then felted.



Not Felted

Felted !!
They were addicting !! I crocheted more bowls for a lovely basket of color and because I couldn’t stop making them !




No comments:

Post a Comment