Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mosaic Knit Cowl

I do a little bit of knitting. Enough to keep my hand in, so to speak. I like to do something really different if I can with each knitting project to learn a little bit more.

This time I tried some Mosaic knitting.  A couple months ago, Chris Thomson taught this class at R. Rabbit Fiber Studio. 2 sessions and I learned alot.

Somehow though, I missed the instruction that you have to repeat each round 2  times. Oops !!

Almost done !

I'd get a couple inches of the pattern going and think it's just not looking good. The yarn colors were blending together and I wanted that distinct mosaic look.

I thought maybe the yarns did not contrast enough. I took it apart 3 times, changing yarn colors each time.  When I got back to the 2nd class, I found out I needed to repeat each round and THAT gave the colors the boost they needed to stand out more.



So, 4th times a charm and I have a handsome cowl ! The pink yarn is my handspun !!

Finished and Blocked



No comments:

Post a Comment