Tuesday, February 6, 2018

T-Shirt for a cold Pup !

Feb 6, 2018

Our little dog is 12 years old this year and is finding Winter to be pretty cold any more.  She used to just carry on through the long cold spell and walk for blocks through all but the coldest weather, but this Winter she is not wanting to be outside very long and now on walks she gets what we call "cold foot" and she won't walk any farther. You have to pick her up and carry her.  :-(  Even in the house she seems to be cold.

Poley does not like to wear her sweaters, so I thought maybe she'd be more comfortable in something like a t-shirt.....

So here we go !!

I fount this cute T-Shirt pattern from Mimi and Tara.  She has lots of darling dog clothing patterns !  Decided that I had a spare t-shirt that I could use for fabric, so an easy start to this project. Actually I could get 2 of these dog t-shirts out of one of my shirts. Advantage to being over weight and having a small dog !!

 Dachshunds are very hard to fit. (at least to me !) Mimi's medium size pattern seemed to come the closest to Poley's measurements, but not sure how this will work out, so this is totally a beta project. I'll make it and see how it fits.  Maybe it's a good thing I can get more than one t-shirt out of mine !
Love Printable Patterns !!

Cutting out was easy too !!! So far so good !

Now to remember which is the right side.....
Sewing it up was not too hard. My sewing knit fabric skills are a bit rusty, but I didn't make too many goofs !!! However I'm glad this is a beta run !!

Here she is !!! Not too bad at. Needs some tweaking but so much FASTER than knitting or crocheting her a sweater !!!  Yes !!

Why does she always look so nervous when I take her picture !!?? :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment