Friday, February 9, 2018

Blue Dress for New Doll

My daughter has a new Obistu 27cm doll that is in desperate need of clothes !! (yes, she is naked !! blush !!)

So I offered to crochet up Afternoon Tea Dress for New Doll  a pattern by Nicky Epstein out of her book "Crochet for Barbie Doll".

New doll is almost big enough at 27cm to be able to use fingering weight yarn, but of course I think she looks better with lace weight yarn and so the project increases in difficulty. Now I have to do the math to use a smaller yarn with the pattern.l

I actually picked out this pattern cause it's very simple and my daughter hopes to be able to crochet one herself for her doll.

Let's Go !!
Starting at the bottom
Feb 5, 2018
Have the body of the dress done and blocking.   It’s a form fitting dress that is crocheted flat and then buttoned together in the back. Because of the form fitting nature of this dress, the pattern was more difficult than I first thought.  But that makes it fun, right !!??

My Hujoo Suve doll is 11cm(4inches) and what a difference that extra height makes !!! Alot easier to crochet/knit for the bigger doll !

My doll is more childlike without a bosom, so I haven’t had to do any torso garment shaping before. My daughter’s doll is full figure adult and this is more of a form fitting dress, so I had to shape for hips, waist and bust !! It was fun and is turning out to be ok for a first time.

However, I can never keep things simple so I decided to sew a zipper into this dress. First time I have sewn in a tiny zipper into a tiny dress !!! Yikes !!! :-)

Ouch !!! Sorry for the color clash !! :-)
Feb 9, 2018

Dress is done !!! Yes !! I'm happy with how it turned out. My first form fitting dress !! Still has a few wonky bits that have to be sorted if I ever make another one, but it was a fun project.

I hand sewed in a zipper in the back for the first time !!  That was WAY easier than I thought it would be ! Here is the zipper tutorial I looked at before I started, Zippers in Knits - Purl Soho

Nice !!!




Love how this doll stands up so well
and the Zipper !!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment