Thursday, January 11, 2018

Doll house project !

The start of a new year and finally will get my doll house project moving.  It's been in my brain for ages and now is the time to push it into reality !


Making this for my ball jointed doll Poppy.  She is a Hugoo Suve - Version #1. I've had her for several years and have been wanting to put together a doll house for her.  She's 12cm (4.75 inches) and I believe a 1:12 scale doll house should fit her just fine.

Here is the doll house I'd like to copy. I don't think I'm going to mess with the stairs and I would eventually like to have the little side garden too.  So a bedroom and living room and a patio garden.

I'm thinking a good room size for her would be a floor base of 12x12inches by 9 inches tall and I found the perfect box for this !!  Although she looks pretty tiny in there, but maybe once I get flooring, wall coverings and furniture in there it won't seem so big



I'm going to put it on top of my fiber wardrobe.  I'm going to have to learn some photo skills to be able to take decent photos since there is a window behind there.....



So Poppy and her BB8 droid are rattling around in her big living room. She wearing her new knitted dress that I recently finished and decided to embroider some flowers on too !! You can see the dress on my Ravelry page


1 comment:

  1. Poppy looks gorgeous in her embroidered dress.
    It's going to be so cool to watch the progress of this little house.
    A great start for Poppy's new home. Love the idea of the patio garden too. I must get a blog post up about mine, lol, you beat me to it haha.

    ReplyDelete