Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Progress Update

April is half over and I am not getting as much done with my WIP (work in progress) challenge for my Ravelry group as I thought I would !!! O_o

I know I've gotten side tracked on my Flower Garden Blanket (was Freeform Blanket). I finally got it off the ground and I can't stop working on it. Problem is, there is no way I can get it completed by the end of the month (or get any other project done). I bought the yarn for this last August and every time I got it started, I'd change my mind as to how I was going to do it. Then I'd get frustrated and ignore it for several months.

Finding the Up ! meant coming up with a firm plan and downsizing. I realized part of the reason I was stalling was I didn't want to make another full sized blanket for our bed. (I've made full sized blankets for both the kids)  So I am only making this to go across the foot of the bed and not cover the whole thing.  I've got my colors and motifs settled and I'm going to crochet them all together with freeform crochet.

Crocheting my Flower Garden Blanket with Brown Sheep Yarn "Nature Spun worsted" in some Lucy style Colors


and I'm using Edie Eckman's lovely motifs from "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs"


But I have to put my blanket away for now and get to work on some of my smaller WIPs that have a chance of getting done by the end of April !!!!

My other projects, the duck, NatCroMo FF scarf, cat belt and wig (oops ! I forgot about the cat backpack !) the checkered tote are all in various levels of finishedness and have a chance of being completed by the end of the month, if I'm not distracted with making endless rounds of colorful motifs ! (or baby hats, but that's another story !)

Back to work with more updates forthcoming as I get things done !

No comments:

Post a Comment