Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Hush of Winter

The Hush of Winter

Finished product - very soft and colorful


I was searching Ravelry for drop spinning groups and came across this rollicking spindle party, the FWAussieSpindles !!!

I decided to join the group and jumped right into their January theme - the Hush of Winter.  I needed some help to keep me focused on spinning so I was ready for the challenge !!


One single ball spun and working on the second
My starting photo was to finish my a couple ounces of Silver Horses roving that came from Fiber Curios and  Sundries 

It's gorgeous stuff made with BFL, Teeswater and recylced Sari Silk.  It was easy to spin and so soft when I was done.

I only had 2oz, so I'll have to find something special to do with it !






I made it through the various stages as we wandered through January. Several really nice prices were given out by random drawing and there is a chance a person could come away with some nice roving or fiber related tool !

Here it is plyed. All done with the spindle !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment